1. Don’t buy into “miracle drinks” or anything else marketed as life changing. It’s bullshit.
2. Stop lying to yourself. Be real about what you eat, when you eat it, and WHY you eat.
3. Eat more good fat. Huh? This absolutely works. My snacks used to be mostly carbs like crackers (high in sugar), muffins etc. Shortly after the snack, I was hungry again. Now, I’ll have a small handful of cashews and a piece of cheese for a snack. I might add an apple to the mix. That will keep me satisfied for hours. Good fats in moderation would include nuts, cheese, avocados, full fat yogurt, etc.
4. Serving size. Eat until your satisfied, not uncomfortable. Feeling awful after you eat is stupid eating.
5. Eat a small dessert but don’t sneak bites everytime you walk past that cake because I am telling you right now you will eat WAY more calories that way. Grab a bowl, get some tea or coffee and enjoy a small portion. Not too small. Not too big. Yum. No seconds!
6. Fast food is non-food. Think of all the money you’ll save by not eating fast food. No more McDonald, Burger King, or Wednesdays. Even if the calories seem reasonable, the salt intake is going to make you retain a ton of water. Plus, your body doesn’t know how to properly metabolize that stuff. It’s poison. Seriously I never eat at fast food restaurants as long as I can help it.
7. Restaurants are fine, but only half the time. Stop eating at restaurants so much! The food tastes good because it’s loaded with fat, salt, sugar, and chicken teeth or something.
8. Drizzle some olive oil over chopped broccoli, asparagus, sweet peppers mushrooms, whatever. Spread it out on a baking sheet and put in a 420 oven for about 30 minutes. A little salt and pepper to taste. Yum yum. Really. I do this every night. (See the photo I posted. That was my supper tonight)
9. Exercise. In order to actually burn FAT off your body, you need to be working HARD enough that you are breathing harder and you feel a sweat. A leisurely walk is bullshit. Walk with a hard focused pace, jog and walk, swim, whatever. Yoga is also excellent for toning but to drop some serious butter your heartrate needs to climb.
10. Just how much shit are you drinking? Orange juice, smoothies, pop….all translate into sugar and added calories. Even unsweetened fruit juice naturally has sugar. Better to eat fresh fruit and leave the juice.
It might sound hard but the more you practice the better you get. You will be amazed at how much your cravings will diminish and your taste for sugar will change.
Sugar is amazing in that the more you eat, the more numb you become to it. Then you need more and more. Change your eating habits and you will be amazed.
MY ADVICE? Quit telling yourself bullshit lies, stop coming with lame-ass excuses, put the goddamned Cinabon down and have an apple. Do it for YOU. Eat a lot of healthy food and you’ll never need to count calories